Sunday, October 16, 2022

Dollar Tree DIY: Pumpkin Topiary

Dollar Tree DIY:  

Pumpkin Topiary

Here’s my newest Dollar Tree project using their pumpkins. I absolutely love how this topiary turned out.

I used straw, greenery and florals I had leftover from other projects. The scarecrow came as a set of 2 with a wood stick.  I just snipped the stick off and hot glued it the base.

To make:

1.  I removed the stems from #2 and #3 pumpkins. I hot glued them at the center. I removed #1 stem, made the hole a little bigger and inserted #2 stem in its place with hot glue. Then hot glued #1 to the center of #2.  

2.  Normally, you would hot glue the bottom of #3 pumpkin to a candlestick. However, when I sent my hubby to the Dollar Tree to get me a candlestick, he came back with a margarita glass.  So, to improvise, I wrapped it in burlap with hot glue and then attached the topiary to the bottom of the glass. 


3.  To set out with decorating, I basically used items from previous projects that I had purchased from Dollar Tree and just started hot gluing it.  This part is more of a free-spirited adventure for me. I just used what I had and made it work. I had bits and pieces of stuff, so I made sure to make it uniform throughout. If it was attached on the top pumpkin, then I made sure to counter with it on the bottom pumpkin - to give it a uniform look. I  didn’t have enough leftover floral to wrap around all the pumpkins so I deciding to attach what I had in a cascading effect. 

So, sometimes, you have to get creative when working with minimal supplies but that’s okay. It just takes a little maneuvering and balancing what you have to create a beautiful, subtle effect. 




Happy Crafting…


Legal:
--don't use/claim my design as your own
--don't use/claim my pics as your own
--okay to make and sale your finished work
--don't share my pattern electronically or in print format (without prior consent) but provide a link to my blog

Social Media:
If you are on the following sites, let's connect and hook up...

  • Instagram:  Rilla2u
  • Pinterest:  Rilla2u
  • Twitter:  Rilla2u
  • Facebook:  /rilla.edwards 
  • Etsy:  rilla2u 
  • TikTok:  rillae2u 
  • YouTube:  Rilla2u 
  • Shopify:  Rilla2u

No comments:

Post a Comment