Tuesday, April 10, 2018

What's Been Going On? MIA?

Hello, Fellow Bloggers!!!  I know for the past few weeks, I haven't been blogging much - not that I haven't been busy working on projects, but that I have been really busy working on so many things.  Have you ever found yourself so busy that it seems like you're getting nothing accomplished?  Well, I experience that feeling at times, too.

So, I wanted to give you all a glimpse into my past few weeks...

First up, we relocated our church to a new facility.  This required us packing up everything at our old church, which I loved, to our new church, and then all the cleaning, organizing and preparations needed to have everything in order.  Plus, phone calls getting all the utilities transferred from one address to the next.  This was well spent time with my hubby and members of our church.  Here's a couple of pics of our new church - the outside and the sanctuary.  Isn't it so pretty?  We still need to do some touch-up painting to the trim work and re-do the floor in the fellowship hall but overall we are very pleased and thrilled with what lies ahead for us...
Next, I had been planning my niece's, Megan Ann, baby shower for the last Sunday afternoon in March.  And, by planning - I was making the decorations, planning the games/prizes and making sure to have plenty of food for everyone to munch on.  And, of course, I had to make a few crochet items for the baby...below, is a collage of the baby shower.  Megan and Derrick were thrilled with how it turned out and all of the beautiful gifts they received from everyone.
All 4 of my grandchildren have been spending time with us at our house lately, so, we have to get creative to keep them busy, to wear them down, so they will sleep soundly through the night...lol.  So, we've had fun days/bubble days outside.  Now, I didn't upload the pics of the kids in their bounce house, Arielle learning to ride her bicycle, Jacob climbing a tree for the first time, Luke on his little 3-wheeler and Gabriel trying to use the weed-eater to trim my bushes.  But, here's a few pics of them playing and having fun. 
 Easter just came so fast this year!!!  Or, maybe, that's just me.  I'm not used to Easter falling on the first day of April.  Nonetheless, we had our Sunrise Service at church, followed by the women preparing a fresh, hot breakfast afterwards in the fellowship hall and a successful Egg Hunt for the kids.  But, getting up early, made for a very unproductive remainder of the day.  Here's my family collage (minus me) on Easter Sunday...

Of course, with North Carolina weather warming up, we had to plan a Zoo Day with the kids...lol!!!  And, they sure do get excited and exhausted since our zoo is the largest zoo in the U.S.
 And, with everything that has been going on on the home front, I have managed to complete 3 baby blankets, a super-soft scarf for Miss Arielle and an in-progress triangle shawl.
 
And, last, hubby and I, did manage to squeeze in a date day for the movies to see, "I Can Only Imagine."  Oh my, if you haven't watched this yet.  I  encourage you to go and see this.  It is a wonderful, powerful, inspiring movie.  It held my attention from start to finish.  GO and watch this before it leaves your theaters....

So, this has been my life for the past few weeks - hectic, busy, memorable and fun!!!  I hope each of you manage to take time out in your busy lives to embrace and enjoy special moments with your family and friends...

Happy Crocheting...

No comments:

Post a Comment