Thursday, November 12, 2020

Snowman at Nighttime

Snowman at Nighttime 

I’ve been trying to dabble and play with paint for the past few months.  I’ve created some very fun, easy and cheap seasonal projects.  So, check out past posts. Recently, I’ve moved toward canvas painting.  I’m finding it very relaxing and fun.  

I painted this freestyle Snowman to hang near my kitchen sink for the Christmas season....I think he turned out super cute for my beginner artistic painting abilities.  

First, I took a white canvas I already had on hand and painted it black.  I then added my snowy ground by painting a semicircle with white at the bottom.  For my snowman, I made each circle (bottom up) a little smaller than the one below and within the previous circle.  I painted in a swirly pattern in each circle.  I used the tip of the brush and just dabbed all over the canvas for the snowflakes.  

The details of my snowman were basic and simple with the eyes, nose, mouth, arms with mitts and a hat with a flower and a red bird.  You can do this as simple or as detailed as you would like.  I’m still learning so mine is pretty basic.  

Overall, I’m very happy with the finished painting and hope to complete a few more Christmas paintings this winter season.  

Happy Crafting...



No comments:

Post a Comment