Friday, November 13, 2020

Snowman Painting

I painted this special Snowman painting for my mom-in-law, Mary. She loves decorating at Christmastime, especially with snowmen.  

I used a 16”x20” white canvas. First, I painted it black. From there, I freehand painted my snow mountain.

Then I painted my snowman (bottom up).  As you can see the circle above is worked within the circle below it.  The picture below is after the first coat of paint.  I added 1-2 more coats, working in a swirl pattern.  

Now, the fun part.  I add my eyes, nose, mouth, buttons, arms, mitts, scarf and hat with a flower.  This part can be done in so many different ways to make uniquely your own.  So, have fun and play with different colors, try different things.  Mistakes are okay.  (You can always paint over them...lol)

Last, I added a tree with two shades of green and a yellow star on top.  


Happy Crafting...


No comments:

Post a Comment