Thursday, December 17, 2020

Christmas Stocking

Christmas Stocking


This Christmas Stocking pattern was easy to complete. As an alternative to cross stitch names, you can add your applique designs of choice. Add a crocheted item and/or word. Lots of different ways to make this uniquely your own.

For this project, I used a 4.0mm hook and RHSS yarn in  Red, White and Green. 

First, I used the red yarn and made the red portion first. I made 2 - the front and the back. I whip stitched attached one side. 

At this point, I completed the cross stitch work on the front. 

Once I was complete with the cross stitch, I resumed whip stitching the stocking across the bottom and up the other side, securing it.

Now, for the top portion. I used white yarn and for the first row I single crocheted around. Beginning in the second row, I started with make popcorn stitches around. 

I completed round 1and then 5 rounds of popcorn stitches with a final single crochet round. Weaved ends. 

For the loop, I used 3 long pieces (I didn’t measure; maybe 18”-24”) of each color. I then made 3 groups of Red, white and green. Tie the 3 groups together at the top with yarn and then plait. Weave one end into the white section, tie a center knot for the loop. 

Now, make 2 poms for the ends. I held three strands together and wrapped around my four fingers 20 times. I tied a center knot to secure and then trimmed and shaped. Attach each pom to the end. 

Happy Crocheting...

As for LEGAL — check my blog out - you know the rules!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment