Sunday, February 7, 2021

Toilet Paper Roll Ornament

Toilet Paper Roll Ornament

I had a lot of fun making these cuties for my two grandsons, Gabriel and Luke!!!! I like to make or purchase an ornament each year for my grandchildren that sums up the year for them.  And, I think, the toilet paper roll fits each of them perfectly.  They each are 5; started Kindergarten (home-schooled) and learned to go to the potty on their own.  Using and minimizing toilet paper...lol!!!  

Toilet Paper Roll Ornament Pattern

Materials:

--#4 worsted weight yarn (Mainstays Yarn from Walmart in white)

--2.5mm hook

--Polyfil

--small black eyes

--black embroidery thread

--needle

 

U.S. Stitch Abbreviations:

Ch:  chain

St:  stitch

Sl st:  slip stitch

SC:  single crochet

FO:  fasten off

MR:  magic ring.  

BLO:  back loops only

 

Directions:

Toilet Paper Roll:

I started with a Magic Ring.  Use a stitch marker to keep up with the first stitch and move up each round accordingly.  You will not be joining stitches and chain 1 at the end of each round. 

1.  6 SC st

2.  12 SC st

3.  18 SC st

4.  24 SC st

5-8.  24 SC st

9.  18 SC st

Add eyes.  Add mouth.  Stuff with Polyfil.  (see my pic for placement)

10.  12 SC st

11.  6 SC st

12.  Ch 24.  Sl st directly across from the beginning chain.  FO and weave ends to make sure the top is closed.  

 

Toilet Paper Sheet:

1.  Ch 7.  SC in 2nd chain and across.  (6) 

2-6.  Working in the BLO, SC in each st.  At the end of each row, Ch1 and turn.  At the end of Row 6, FO and leave a tail long enough to attach the sheet to the roll.  (see my pic for placement)

 

Applique (optional):

1.  I used black embroidery thread and embroidered '20.  I did this freehand.   

 

Simple and cute...

 

Here's the Face Mask Ornament Link!!!! 

Happy Crocheting... 

Legal:
--don't use/claim my design as your own
--don't use/claim my pics as your own
--okay to make and sale your finished work
--don't share my pattern electronically or in print format (without prior consent) but provide a link to my blog

Social Media:
If you are on the following sites, let's connect and hook up...
  • Instagram:  Rilla2u
  • Pinterest:  Rilla2u
  • Twitter:  Rilla2u
  • Facebook:  /rilla.edwards

 

No comments:

Post a Comment