Sunday, June 20, 2021

Repurposed Coffee Can

Repurposed Coffee Can

I love recycling and repurposing/reusing items for something new or innovative.  This was initially a red, plastic Folgers Coffee container...

I used black polka-dot fabric, hot glue gun and rope to repurpose this into a new, cute and usable storage container!!! 

To make:

1.  I wrapped the fabric around the outside of the can and cut it to length and width of the container.  

2.  I then hot glued the wrong side to the inside of the container.  Now, of course, there’s other ways you can do this.  You can make it a little longer than the height of the container and then hot glue the right side at the top and then turn it down inside the container, for example.

3.  Next, I used a cardboard box from Amazon.  I placed the container on the box and used a pen to circle around it.  I then cut out the circle and glued fabric to it.  Then place the circle to the bottom with glue.  

4.  Last, I used rope I had purchased at Dollar Tree.  I started at the bottom and just worked around the container, periodically adding hot glue to secure.  I used the remaining rope to make a decorative circle in the center.  

And, that’s it!!!  You can be as simple or as decorative as you’d like on this easy project...



Happy Crafting...

No comments:

Post a Comment