Saturday, September 25, 2021

Scarecrow Bottle

 Scarecrow Bottle

Here’s a quick and easy fall “Scarecrow” I made from an empty bottle.  I just used craft materials I had on hand. 

My bottle was blue. So, first, I painted it with one coat of gold acrylic paint. Dry. I then painted it with 2 coats of antique white acrylic paint, drying between each coat. 

To give stability to the empty bottle, I added about 3/4 - 1 cup of popcorn kernels. You can, however, add whatever you want to give some weight. 

Now, I just freehand painted a face on the bottle. It isn’t perfect. But, I wasn’t going for perfection — just cuteness. 

I hot glued a yellow ribbon around the bottom. I hot glued a little raffia to each side, at the top, of the neck of the bottle. I then used a 10” x 10” piece of burlap, folded in half and wrapped sideways around the top and hot glued to secure, covering the raffia. I then glued a fall leaf and acorn to my makeshift hat. 

And, that’s it!!!!  Quick, easy….and CUTE!!!!


Happy Crafting…

Legal:

--don't use/claim my design as your own
--don't use/claim my pics as your own
--okay to make and sale your finished work
--don't share my pattern electronically or in print format (without prior consent) but provide a link to my blog

Social Media:

If you are on the following sites, let's connect and hook up...

  • Pinterest:  Rilla2u
  • Twitter:  Rilla2u
  • Facebook:  /rilla.edwards 
  • Instagram:  Rilla2u


No comments:

Post a Comment