Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Candy Cane Hat

 Candy Cane Hat

I made this new hat design a few weeks ago while I was at the beach.  It reminded me so much of a candy cane with the red and white twist design. 

I used a 5.0mm hook and #4 worsted weight yarn to complete. I think it looks good with or without a faux fur pom.

This hat does take a little time and focus to make but isn’t too hard to complete.




Once you have your desired diameter, then the fun with alternating chain stitches between red and white happens.


Once you make the first 5 chains with white, you skip a stitch and slip stitch into the next stitch.  Pull up a loop, remove hook and join red yarn in the skipped stitch and chain 5.  Now, you will skip over the next st and slip stitch into the following stitch.  Pull up a loop, remove hook and join back to the white yarn and repeat process again. Continue to repeat around. 





Here’s my Candy Cane and Jolly Hats!!!!  I love how both of these hats turned out. 


 Happy Crocheting...


Legal:
--don't use/claim my design as your own
--don't use/claim my pics as your own
--okay to make and sale your finished work
--don't share my pattern electronically or in print format (without prior consent) but provide a link to my blog

Social Media:
If you are on the following sites, let's connect and hook up...
  • Instagram:  Rilla2u
  • Pinterest:  Rilla2u
  • Twitter:  Rilla2u
  • Facebook:  /rilla.edwards 
  • Etsy:  rilla2u 
  • TikTok:  rillae2u 
  • YouTube:  Rilla2u 
  • Shopify:  Rilla2u


No comments:

Post a Comment