Sunday, February 2, 2020

Twin-Sized Baseball Blanket

My grandson, Gabriel, asked me to make him a “Baseball Blanket.”  He was getting a new bed and said he needed a new handmade blanket from his mamaw.

So, in the Fall of 2019, I started on his blanket with the colors Red, White and Blue for the base of the blanket itself.  I used Green and Tan for the field and on the border.  The yarn is Hobby Lobby’s, “I Love This Yarn.”  You can use your favorite yarn brand; just note the overall size may vary slightly.

Initially, I designed this pattern on a graph to complete as a graphgan but later decided to make the blanket first and then make the baseball and field as appliqués.  I will include my graph for those who want to complete this project as one piece.

I’m including general directions below in how I made this blanket.  I will follow-up with detailed instructions as soon as I have a chance to type it up.

Gabriel’s Baseball Blanket

Below is an upclose picture of the border.  I absolutely loved how it turned out.  I think it really adds to the beauty of this blanket.

Here is an upclose picture of the baseball and field.  I was extremely pleased with the end result of this.

And, a picture of the completed blanket.  It measures Twin-sized.  I debated back and forth on whether or not to add my baseball bat appliqué pattern to this blanket (you can find this freebie by typing “Play Ball” in my search engine).  Gabriel, however, was happy with it, as is.




Here is my original graph design.  Please note, 1 white and 1 blue section is not showing on the graph.  The pattern is as follows:
15 Rows Red
10 Rows White
15 Rows Blue 

You will repeat pattern a total of 4 times.  Or, to your desired size.  As you can see in the above picture, I appliquéd the field in the center of section 2 and section 3 of the red, white and blue.  

Here is how I made the appliqué sections:
1.  First, I crocheted the green portion of my field;
2.  Next,  I crocheted the brown portion; I made the bases and appliqued to create first, second, third and home base;
3.  Then, I crocheted the baseball;
4.  Now, I attached the brown section to the field then the baseball above;
5.  Last I attached to the center of the blanket.  

Border:
I used brown, white and green to create my border.  

Happy Crocheting...

Legal:
--don't use/claim my design as your own
--don't use/claim my pics as your own
--okay to make and sale your finished work
--don't share my pattern electronically or in print format (without prior consent) but provide a link to my blog

Social Media:
If you are on the following sites, let's connect and hook up...
  • Instagram:  Rilla2u
  • Pinterest:  Rilla2u
  • Twitter:  Rilla2u
  • Facebook:  /rilla.edwards 

2 comments:

  1. The pixel graph posts for youe 12 Months blanket have expired. Is there any way that you can re-post those, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I have fixed the problem. The graphs are now viewable.

      Delete