Friday, February 21, 2020

Rainbow Scrappy Blanket

For an upcoming baby shower gift, I decided to use up some of my scrap yarn in an assortment of rainbow colors.

I used a 6.0mm hook and a mix of “I Love This Yarn” from Hobby Lobby and Red Heart Super Saver yarn.  I used HDC for the bright-colored rows with color changes after every second row.  For the white rows, I used a SC and DC in the same stitch, skip 1 stitch and repeat. I completed 4 white rows at the end of each of the color sequence rows.

And, of course, I had to add a pair of cute booties and hat to complete the ensemble.  The hat was made using DC stitches.  I started with 10 DC in a MR and increased until the diameter I wanted.  I then completed 4 more rounds.  I then switched yarn and completed 2 SC rounds.

Overall, I’m very pleased with the completion of this project.

Again, this was a baby project I completed freestyle.  I did not write a pattern down but, as you can read from the details above, it was not a hard project to complete.

Rainbow Scrappy Blanket


Happy Crocheting...
Legal:
--don't use/claim my design as your own
--don't use/claim my pics as your own
--okay to make and sale your finished work
--don't share my pattern electronically or in print format (without prior consent) but provide a link to my blog

Social Media:
If you are on the following sites, let's connect and hook up...
  • Instagram:  Rilla2u
  • Pinterest:  Rilla2u
  • Twitter:  Rilla2u
  • Facebook:  /rilla.edwards 

No comments:

Post a Comment