Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Cardboard Box Junk Drawer

 Every lady I know has at least one, maybe more, junk drawers in their home. This is the ultimate drawer to have. When you’ve searched everywhere for something g without luck, then chances are high it will be located in the junk drawer. So, with some leftover boxes, I used a small section to make this drawer. 

I know it isn’t fancy but I hope it inspires you to create and maybe not delete all the steps I did to achieve perfection. 

For my project, with scissors, I freehand cut and trimmed a rectangled-shape piece for my bottom section. I then cut two short and two long ends. Note: the sides are not cut perfectly or evenly. But, that’s okay for this project. 

Now, I used black paint to paint the bottom section. For the sides, I chose to paint black on side and then I used some leftover scrapbook paper in plaid that I had on hand. I just used Elmer’s glue to attach. 

Once everything was dry, I used my hot glue gun to attach the pieces. I started with a long end first. Next, a short end - make sure to hot glue the side and across bottom. Continue around. 

Now, I added 3 mini poms, in purple, to each corner with the glue gun. 

Last, I had some purple and black jewels. I randomly hit glued around the drawer. 

This was quick, easy and cheap  Everything I used was scraps I had around the house!!!

I CHALLENGE you to give this project a go and only use stuff you can find around your home.  If you accept the challenge, then please comment below, share a picture and link to my blog  




Happy Crafting...


No comments:

Post a Comment