Friday, September 18, 2020

Scarecrow Craft

Scarecrow Craft

I made this simple Scarecrow with an 8” round piece of wood I purchased in the craft department at Wal-Mart. I think the cost was $0.97. 

First, I applied two coats of white paint to the front side.  While this was drying, I used a 5.5mm hook and worsted weight yarn in Warm Brown to make the hat. 

Next, I hot glued a square piece of plaid scrap yarn to my hat. I used red raffia to wrap around the hat and tied in a bow. Now, the hat is ready to be hot glued to the wood. 

I glued the eyes. I used orange paint for the triangle nose; pink paint for the cheeks on each side; and black for the stitched mouth. 

I then used raffia to hot glue “hair” to each side, under the hat. I made a small bow with red raffia and hot glued below the mouth. 

Last, I used a piece of twine to make a loop and hot glued to the back of the hat for hanging. 

Simple. Easy. And, SO cute!!!  You can add this to a wreath, hang on the wall, sit on a shelf, place in a fall decor basket, etc. So many ways to utilize. 

Enjoy!!!!



Happy Crocheting & Crafting...


No comments:

Post a Comment