Monday, September 7, 2020

Fall Decorating - Cheap to Chic...

 Okay, y’all, I absolutely LOVE the Fall time — oranges, browns, reds, yellows, greens, rusts and so on are my favorite colors!!!  

Anyone on a budget can make these simple projects below!!!  

The two (2) styrofoam pumpkins came from the Dollar Tree. The plaid covers are from a set of 5 plaid fat quarter bundle for approximately $3-$4 from Wal-Mart.

Plaid Pumpkins 

First, I used a pocket knife to carve around the styrofoam stem. Now, note, do NOT cut the circle too far from the center. On the first one I did and ended up having to add polyfil to keep the fabric inside. Approximately 1/2” from center, around is good. 


Second, lay a a fat quarter of fabric of choice down, with wrong side facing up. Carefully gather up and toward the center, pulling any loose fabric taunt. Then, gently stuff inside your pumpkin. 


Third, I used Jute. I folded it to make three loops on one end. I then used a rubber band to secure it.
 

Last, I just sit my faux stem inside the pumpkin. Pushing it down far enough to be snug. 


Simple, easy, cheap and FUN project!!!!


Happy Crafting....



No comments:

Post a Comment