Monday, April 18, 2022

Bee Kind DIY Project

 Bee Kind DIY Project

I absolutely love the craft section of Dollar Tree. You can find some amazing items at great prices. Plus they have a wide variety of seasonal decor that you can use as is OR as your basis to convert into something uniquely your own. 

Materials:

-metal tin mason jar hanger

-modpodge 

-paper towels 

-small piece of cardboard box

-1.0 oz model magic clay

-paint and brush

-jute twine

-craft glue


Directions:

1.  I added modpodge and paper towels to the piece and allowed to completely dry. 

2.  I had to remove the rope that came on the hanger.  I then removed the thin top layer of the box (to expose the ridges) and cut it in a semi-like circle to place at the top with glue to look like a lid.  I painted the box portion gray with dabs of white to distress.

3.  The jar portion I painted with two shades of yellow.

4.  I free-style made my lettering, flower, bee, leaves and stem and attached with glue.  Then painted.  

5.  Once completely dried, I added jute twine for hanging.  I glued it on the backside on each end.





Happy Crafting…



No comments:

Post a Comment