Thursday, December 28, 2017

Kenna Messy Bun/Ponytail Hat...

I designed my "Kenna Messy Bun/Ponytail Hat for a very special tween for part of her Christmas gift.  Before I was a "Mamaw," I was a "RiRi" to MaKenna.  She's the daughter of a young couple that I spent years teaching in Sunday School and Youth Group at church.  So, when they wed and gave birth to MaKenna, it was just a natural bond with her.  I would work all week 8am-5:30pm, pick her up on Friday evenings and keep her all weekend.  And, so, I became RiRi to her.

I used worsted weight yarn and a 5.5mm hook.

Kenna Messy Bun/Ponytail Hat Pattern

Size:  Easily will fit 18" - 21" head circumference 

Gauge:  I did not gauge this pattern.

Materials:
--5.5mm hook
--ponytail holder
--#4 worsted weight yarn (I used Red Heart Supersaver in Light Raspberry)

U.S. Stitch Abbreviations:
Ch:  chain
Sl st:  slip stitch
St:  stitch(es)
Sk:  skip
Rep:  repeat
SC:  single crochet
HDC:  half double crochet 
FPDC:  front post double crochet  
BPDC:  back post double crochet 
TC:  triple crochet
FO:  fasten off

Special Note:  
1.  TC Crossover:  Skip stitch and work a TC into next stitch.  Then work a TC into the skipped stitch.  Repeat this pattern around.  

Directions:
1.  With ponytail holder, 20 HDC st around.  Sl st join to first st and Ch1.  (20)
2.  2 HDC in first st, 1 HDC in next st.  Rep around.  Sl st join to first st and Ch1.  (30)
3.  2 HDC in first st, 1 HDC in next 2 st.  Rep around.  Sl st join to first st and Ch1.  (40)
4.  2 HDC in first st, 1 HDC in next 3 st.  Rep around.  Sl st join to first st and Ch1.  (50)
5.  2 HDC in first st, 1 HDC in next 9 st.  Rep around.  Sl st join to first st and Ch1.  (55)
6.  1 FPDC around each post.  Sl st join to first st and Ch1.  (55)
7.  1 TC in the first st.  Then TC Crossover around.  Sl st join to first st and Ch1.  (55)
8-13.  Rep steps #6 and 7.  (55)
14-16.  FPDC around first post, then BPDC around next post.  Rep around.  Sl st join to first st and Ch1.  (55)
17.  1 SC in each st around.  Sl st join to first st and FO.  Weave ends.  (55). 

Here's a pic of my Kenna Messy Bun/Ponytail Hat with my Nae Messy Bun/Ponytail Hat:
Happy Crocheting...
Legal:
--okay to make and/or sale
--don't use my pattern or pics as your own
--don't share my pattern/pics electronically but provide a link to my blog 



No comments:

Post a Comment