Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Men’s Beanie Hat

Men’s Beanie Hat

I made this super cute beanie hat for my youngest brother, Russ.  I used a 5.0mm hook and #4 worsted weight yarn (I Love This Yarn) in the color Terra Cotta.   

This pattern worked up quickly and the texture created is gorgeous. I used a stitch marker and worked in the round.  But, if so desired, you can slip stitch join the last stitch to the first stitch and chain 1 at the start of each new round.  

Size:

It fits most teens to adult-sized heads.

Directions:

Start with 10 DC stitches in a Magic ring.  Complete increase rounds until the diameter times 3.14 equals your head circumference.  I completed 6 increase rounds for a total of 60 stitches.  

From then forward, you will work Seed stitch rounds. Seed stitch rounds is simple:  DC in a stitch, then SC in next stitch.  Continue doing this until the end of the round.  In the next round and thereafter, you will DC in previous round’s SC stitch and SC in previous round’s DC stitch.  You will continue with rounds until you are about an inch away from the desired length you want your Beanie to be.

For the border, I completed 3 rounds of SC stitches in the BLO (back loops only).  I slip stitched joined to first stitch and fastened off.  Weaved ends.  

Simple.  Quick.  Beautiful.  




 Happy Crocheting...


Legal:
--don't use/claim my design as your own
--don't use/claim my pics as your own
--okay to make and sale your finished work
--don't share my pattern electronically or in print format (without prior consent) but provide a link to my blog

Social Media:
If you are on the following sites, let's connect and hook up...
  • Instagram:  Rilla2u
  • Pinterest:  Rilla2u
  • Twitter:  Rilla2u
  • Facebook:  /rilla.edwards 
  • Etsy:  rilla2u 
  • TikTok:  rillae2u 

No comments:

Post a Comment