Saturday, September 3, 2022

Surprise Hat

 Surprise Hat

I whipped up this cute hat today using, “I Love This Yarn,” from Hobby Lobby and a 5.0mm hook.  The blend of colors in the “ Surprise Stripe” is gorgeous with pinks, white and black.  I used a white faux pom to attach to the top.  The pom is optional.  I purchased mine from Amazon (a pack of 12).

I made this hat using DC stitches to start with and as I made the increase rounds up to 6 rounds of 60 stitches. This equaled 7” diameter which is perfect for a teen to adult-sized women’s head.  From that point, I continued my rounds with the Seed stitch.  This is a combination of DC in a stitch, then SC in next stitch and complete this around.  In the subsequent rounds, you make sure to SC into a DC stitch and DC into a SC stitch.  I did this until I completed 14 rounds; a grand total with first 6 rounds to equal 20 rounds.  For the last 2 rounds, I worked SC stitches in the BLO (back loops only).  Fasten off and weave ends.  



 Happy Crocheting...


Legal:
--don't use/claim my design as your own
--don't use/claim my pics as your own
--okay to make and sale your finished work
--don't share my pattern electronically or in print format (without prior consent) but provide a link to my blog

Social Media:
If you are on the following sites, let's connect and hook up...
  • Instagram:  Rilla2u
  • Pinterest:  Rilla2u
  • Twitter:  Rilla2u
  • Facebook:  /rilla.edwards 
  • Etsy:  rilla2u 
  • TikTok:  rillae2u 


No comments:

Post a Comment