Thursday, February 16, 2023

Pencil Scarf

Pencil Scarf

I crocheted this “Pencil Scarf” in less than two hours last night for my daughter-in-law, Laurel, who’s an elementary teacher.  I figured her kiddos would love seeing her wearing this.  

I used a 5.0mm hook and Red Heart Super Saver yarn I had on hand.  I made this approximately 5.5” wide and 52” long.  You can make this as wide or as long as you would like.

For mine, I started with a Chain 19. Each row had 18 HDC (half double crochet) stitches.  I worked 12 rows pink, 8 rows grey, 80 rows of grey, 11 rows of white and 9 rows of black. From the white through the black rows, I worked decrease rows.  

If you want to make this longer, then complete more than 80 rows of yellow. 

This is a cute and easy project to make for teachers. 


 Happy Crocheting...


Legal:
--don't use/claim my design as your own
--don't use/claim my pics as your own
--okay to make and sale your finished work
--don't share my pattern electronically or in print format (without prior consent) but provide a link to my blog

Social Media:
If you are on the following sites, let's connect and hook up...
  • Instagram:  Rilla2u
  • Pinterest:  Rilla2u
  • Twitter:  Rilla2u
  • Facebook:  /rilla.edwards 
  • Etsy:  rilla2u 
  • TikTok:  rillae2u 
  • YouTube:  Rilla2u 

1 comment:

  1. Your pencil scarf turned out great! I'm sure it was loved by everyone! I want to make these for my grandson's class. Make the center a different color for each pencil. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete