Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Sunflower DIY - Dollar Tree!!!



 Sunflower DIY Project…

This was a quick, fun and inexpensive craft project using a plastic pinwheel from the Dollar Tree. 

First, I used Waverly chalk paint in white. I only painted one side. 


Once dried, I then used yellow paint.  


I had these would strip shims. I put 6 together and then hot glued and E-6000 glued 2 shims on the back. I then painted it brown. 


Now, I’m ready to start putting everything together. As you can see below, I placed the “petals” around the center of the shims. I hot glued each petal. 


For the center, I made a 2 inch round circle from cardboard. I used jute rope and hot glue from the center, working outward in a circle. I then hot glued my center to the petals. 






With the wired jute cord, I used it to attach around the outward edges of the petals using hot glue. 



Last, I painted the center and the trim. I then attached jute rope to the center back for hanging.


Easy and fun project for the sunflower lover. 

Here’s a picture of my sunflowers with plastic spoons!!!



Happy Crafting!!!

Rilla

No comments:

Post a Comment