Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Topiary - Dollar Tree DIY

 Topiary - Dollar Tree DIY

The thing that inspired me the most with this project was the fact that it’s VERY affordable.  I want to get a nice basket to place it inside. 

So, to start.  Materials:

Pool noodle cut in strips

Duct tape

Broom handle

Styrofoam

E-6000 and hot glue gun

Moss

Rocks 

Bucket or basket



Directions:

I used both glues and attached the styrofoam to the center.  I then placed both glues on the end of the broom handle and inserted into the styrofoam. Next, I filled about 3/4 way up with rocks. As you can see in the pictures above, I just twisted the pool noodle around the handle and secured with duct tape. You can shape this as much and how you like. I think the next time, I will use 2 pool noodles to make it fatter.   

Now, I was faced with the daunting task of adding the moss. This was the longest part of the whole project. It wasn’t hard - just time consuming. I attached the moss with a hot glue gun. 



I added Spanish moss to cover the rocks. I then added battery-operated lights. 

This project cost me around $12 to make. 

Happy Crafting!!!
Rilla


No comments:

Post a Comment