Friday, March 5, 2021

March Paint Canvas

I was undecided on what I was going to paint on canvas to hang up in my sunroom for a seasonal decor item for the first few days of March.  And, then, at 3 a.m. this morning, an idea struck me. I jumped out of bed and to the dining room I fled. 

I freehand drew a clover, the word, “Lucky” and a pot onto the canvas. Simple. But, yet, so meaningful to me. My dad, Gary, had a clover and “Lucky” tattooed on his arm in his young days while serving in the Army in the Panama. I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer in 1998. 

You may look at my completed work and just see the simplicity of it.  But, when I look at it, I’m reminded of my dad.  So, this is a treasure for me to delight in for the remainder of the month.   

I’m an amateur artist, at best, but it is a new area of crafting that I truly enjoy.  

Do you ever branch out of your comfort zone and try something new?  If not, I encourage you to do so!!!

Happy Crafting...






And, a short video to see the steps to make this canvas painting...




No comments:

Post a Comment