Monday, May 10, 2021

Beach-themed Wall Hanging!!!

 Beach-themed Wall Hanging!!!

I absolutely love how this project turned out.  To make it even more special, the wood plank I used came from my mom’s floor.  Keepsake memory to always have. 

Now, to make this all you need is a plank that measures approximately 8”x14”. It took three coats of blue acrylic paint to cover mine. 
I then painted two small wood baskets (from the Dollar Tree) in Caribbean.  I painted a palm tree and pineapple wood sticker to add to each basket. 


I then added a starfish and crab to the wood plank. Each were part of a 3-piece hanging from the Dollar Tree. 

Last, I used jute rope to go around the plank and then made a hanger. 

Everything was attached using a hot glue gun and Gorilla glue sticks. 

To finish off, I painted two small wood round pieces in Teal and attached to the opposite corners of the baskets.  I then added seashells to one basket; for the second basket, I added greenery, a few shells and a small jar of sand (salt and cinnamon)...

And, that’s it!!!  This was an easy, fun and inexpensive summer project to add to your home decor.  
And, here’s a short video clip...

Happy Crafting...

No comments:

Post a Comment