Monday, August 22, 2016

Cute Crochet Pumpkin Hat



I made this cute pumpkin crochet hat, with Red Heart Super Saver yarn, a little different -- in reverse...sorta...lol!!!

First, I started with 58 SC foundation chains, which perfectly fits around my head.  Join last st to first st making sure not to twist yarn.

I then added 2 more rows of SC with a ch 1 at the start of each row.

Row 4 is when I started with ch 2, 1 HDC into each of the next 15 stitches, then 1 FPDC into the next st, *1 HDC into next 5 st, 1 FPDC into next st* around.  Join to first HDC with sl st.

I repeated Row 4 until the hat's length was at the crown of my head.  I then decreased 1 HDC st in each section between the FPDC st.  I completed 3 rounds of decrease rows.

I then changed my yarn color from Pumpkin to Chocolate to make the stem with HDC st.  I made my stem 3 inches long.  Weaved in ends.

To make the leaves with green yarn:
I chained 7.  SC in 2nd ch from hook, HDC, DC, TC, DC, 3 HDC in last ch.  Turn to opposite side of foundation row and into next st 1 DC, next st TC, next st DC and HDC into last st.  Sl st into first st.  Weave in ends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment