Monday, August 29, 2016

Nautical-themed Baby Shower

In 2015, I had the pleasure of hosting my daughter-in-law's, Brooke, baby shower.  She wanted a "Nautical" themed party.  Well, in addition to crocheting, I like doing balloon creations, tabletop decor, corsages, facial creams, and just a little bit of everything.  Crafting is so much fun and so, so, so much cheaper than buying everything that is needed to host a successful party.

Let me just start off by saying that I worked for several months on the party decor items.  It probably could've been done quicker but if you have a busy schedule, like most of us do today, then starting early and giving yourself enough time to make everything will make for a smoother, more stress-free, party.

I really loved my "balloon" Sailor that greeted guests at the entrance.  Isn't he so cute?




I made the balloon anchor with pvc pipe.


I used 2 window air conditioner unit boxes to make the boat.  I think this was the most popular and most photographed, kids and adults, alike...lol.

















Including homemade gifts as a table decor items serves double duty...





















We had to make masks for the photo prop boat area...

And, of course, corsages for the mommy-to-be and daddy-to-be...

Games, prizes, and more...












The wreath, diaper cake and gift area...




And a thank-you for everyone who attended...





This was so much fun.  The colors were bright and vibrant and the mood was just a happy, jolly one...I hope this post may inspire you to host a nautical-themed baby shower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment