Sunday, April 30, 2017

Curtain Valence....

The last couple days has been busy here with commissioned crochet projects, the grand babies and church stuff.  One priority this week:  I have to get the goodie bags made up to take over to the cancer center to donate to patients undergoing chemo from our church...I've had the stuff in bags sitting near my bed for a few days now.

Have you ever felt so over-extended that you don't have enough time to do everything that needs to be done?  That's how I feel sometimes, but the hubby recently preached in one of his sermons about everyone having the same amount of time in a day and it's all about prioritizing and organizing.

I would appreciate some prayers....always welcomed, needed and appreciated!!!

Here's a look at a pair of curtain valences I just finished up for a lady in burgundy and hunter green.  I had to use my yardstick (as a curtain rod) since all the windows in my house have plantation shutters and I don't have curtains, except in my dining room and there's no way I'm tackling taking those down...lol!!!

I made these 49" long and 12" wide from the button tab to the bottom.

I used a 5.5mm hook and #4 worsted weight yarn:  the hunter green is Red Heart Super Saver and the burgundy is Hobby Lobby's, "I Love This Yarn."


I have the pattern written down on paper and may eventually edit this post to include it.  If you're interested in the pattern, please comment or shoot me an email.  

Happy Crocheting....

No comments:

Post a Comment