Monday, May 1, 2017

Huntress Cowl - size L

Isn't this Cowl just simply lovely and pretty?  I have been weeks wanting to make one and tonight was the night...yay, for me!!!  I know I won't be wearing it until the fall but it's never too early to make anything, in my opinion.  When inspiration strikes, I crochet - no matter what season it may be for.

This Huntress Cowl worked up rather quickly.  And, it used less than 2 skeins of Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Thick and Quick.  This was made in "Starlight" (since I had it on hand) using a 11.5 mm hook (P).  I made this using SC (single crochet) and DC (double crochet) stitches working in the BLO (back loops only) to create the ridges.

I started with a Chain 30 plus 1.  This made a size Large.  If you want a smaller Cowl, then decrease the starting Chain -- just make sure the number of Chains is divisible by 3 and then add a plus 1 Chain to that number.  

I'm really inspired with several variation ideas with this.  It's funny how the mind will just start racing with ideas....






Happy Crocheting...

No comments:

Post a Comment