Monday, January 2, 2017

Crochet Elmo Mittens/Gloves -- 12-24 months

My grandson, Luke, is a big Elmo fan so I made him a pair of mittens to match the Elmo hat I made him a few months back.

I used a free mitten pattern on Pinterest to make the mittens.  I used #4 weight yarn and a 4.5mm hook.  Here's the link to the free pattern...


After following and completing the above pattern, I took an extra step to make the gloves into Elmo.  So, this is what I did to create his face...

Eyes
Make 4
I crocheted the eyes in white yarn.  6 single crochet into a magic ring.  Slip st to join, chain 1.  2 single crochet into each stitch around.  Join and fasten off, leaving a tail long enough to attach to top of glove.  I sewed a black button in the center.

Nose
Make 2
The nose was made with orange yarn in the same manner as the eyes.  Leave a long tail.

Mouth
Make 2
The mouth was made using black yarn.  Chain 5.  Single crochet in 2nd chain from hook and across.  Chain 1.  Turn.  2 single crochet in the first stitch, 1 single crochet in the next 2 stitches and 2 single crochet in the last stitch.  Chain 1.  Turn.  6 single crochet across.  Chain 1.  Turn.  2 single crochet in the first stitch, 1 single crochet in the next 4 stitches and 2 single crochet in the last stitch.  Chain 1.  Turn.  8 single crochet across.  Leave a long tail.  Fasten off.

Attach facial features to the top of each glove, weaving ends.



Overall, it didn't take very long at all to make this pair of gloves.  I'm excited to give them to Luke...

No comments:

Post a Comment