Friday, July 14, 2017

Simple Hanging Towel...

While spending time with Luke and Arielle earlier this week, I noticed they needed a hanging towel that's easily accessible for their small hands to reach.

So, from the premise of my ponytail headband, the idea struck me....lol!!!  Hang it on the door, cabinet knob or drawer knob or in the kitchen/garage...

Simple Hanging Towel 

Difficulty Level:  Easy

Materials:
--5mm hook
--#4 worsted weight yarn (I didn't have any cotton yarn with me...)
--ponytail holder

Stitch Abbreviations:
Ch: chain
Sl St: slip stitch
St: stitch(es)
SC: single crochet
HDC: half double crochet
FO: fasten off

Directions:
1.  Sl st to join yarn to ponytail holder and Ch1.  24 SC around ponytail holder.  Sl st to join and Ch1. (24)
2-3.  1 HDC in each st around.  Sl st to join and Ch1.  (24)
4.  1 HDC in first 8 st.  Ch1 and turn.  (8)
5.  2 HDC in first st, 1 HDC in next 6 st, 2 HDC in last st.  Ch1 and turn.  (10)
6.  2 HDC in first st, 1 HDC in next 8 st, 2 HDC in last st.  Ch1 and turn.  (12)
7.  2 HDC in first st, 1 HDC in next 10 st, 2 HDC in last st.  Ch1 and turn.  (14)
8.  2 HDC in first st, 1 HDC in next 12 st, 2 HDC in last st.  Ch1 and turn.  (16)
9-25.  1 HDC in each st across.  Ch1 and turn.  At the end of Round 25, FO and weave ends.

Simple Hanging Towel ready for kiddos (and adults) to use....add lettering to personalize, make to give as gifts, lots of uses!

Happy Crocheting....

Legal:
--okay to make and sale your finished work
--don't claim my pattern as your own
--don't use my pics as your own
--don't share my pattern electronically or in print format but provide a link to my blog






No comments:

Post a Comment