Owl Appliqué Pattern
Difficulty Level: Easy
Measures: Approximately 5"x 5"
--5.5mm hook for body of owl
--3.0mm hook for eyes
--4.0mm hook for nose and feet
--#4 worsted weight yarn (I used yarn I had leftover from my Yarn Bee Sugarwheel for the body); the yellow, black, white, turquoise and pool colors are s mix of Crafter's Secret and Redheart Supersaver
--tapestry needle for weaving
Sl st: slip stitch
SC: single crochet
HDC: half double crochet
DC: double crochet
TC: triple crochet
SC2tog: single crochet 2 stitches together
FO: fasten off
MR: magic ring
1. Picot Stitch: chain 3 and slip stitch into first chain.
1. For the body, I used leftover yarn from Yarn Bee's Sugarwheel and a 5.5mm hook. 10 DC into a MR. Pull to tighten end. Sl st to first st and Ch1. (10)
2. 2 DC in each st around. Sl st to first st and Ch1. (20)
3. 2 DC in first st, 1 DC in next st. Repeat around. Sl st to first st and FO. (30)
Now, we will be making the ears and wings:
1. Join turquoise yarn into any st and Ch1. Into same st, 1 HDC. 2 DC in next st. 2 TC in next st. 2 DC in next st. 2 HDC in next st. 1 SC in next 2 st. (1 DC, 1 HDC, picot stitch, 1 DC) all into the next st (first ear). 1 SC in next 4 st. (1 DC, 1 HDC, picot stitch, 1 DC) all into the next st (second ear). 1 SC in next 2 st. 2 HDC in next st. 2 DC in next st. 2 TC in next st. 2 DC in next st. 1 HDC in next st. 1 SC in each of the remaining 10 st. Sl st to first st and FO.
Feet (make 2):
1. With yellow yarn and 4.0mm hook, join yarn at the bottom (where the last 10 sc st were made). *Sl st to join yarn, picot, sl st back into same st, picot and sl st back into same st and make a third picot.* FO, leave a long enough tail for whipstitch. Count over 3 st and into 3rd st, repeat from * to * for second foot.
1. With yellow yarn and 4.0mm hook, Ch3. SC in 2nd ch and next. Ch1 and turn. (2)
2. 1 SC in each st. Ch1 and turn. (2)
3. SC2tog. Ch1. (1)
4. 1 SC. FO, leaving a long enough tail to attach.
Eyes (make 2):
1. With black yarn and 3.0mm hook, 6 SC into MR. FO black and join white yarn. Sl st to join. Ch1. (6)
2. 2 SC in each st around. FO white and join Pool yarn. Sl st to join. Ch1. (12)
3. 1 SC in each st around. Sl st to join. FO, leaving a long tail for attaching.
See pics for help with placing eyes, nose and feet.
--don't claim my pattern(s) as your own
--don't use my pics
--okay to make, sale, and/or give away your finished projects
--credit me as the designer by providing a link to my blog; please do not distribute my pattern in electronic or written form
You will notice affiliate link ads are now appearing more on my blog. Clicking on the links and buying any supplies you may need helps me out in a small way so that I can continue posting my patterns for FREE....any help with this is much appreciated!!!